Krispy Quinoa Donuts
A healthy version of rice crispy treats! My daughter turned me on to quinoa puffs and buys them in bulk at her local grocer. Unfortunately, I'm not able to find them here in Austin, but you can order them from www.nuts.com. They are extremely versatile and a great addition to so many dishes. If you really like a good crunch, I think you'll enjoy these gluten free donuts!
Author: Healthy Cooking Daily
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 13 donuts
- 2 c quinoa puffs
- ½ c peanut butter, or your favorite nut butter
- ⅓ c honey or maple syrup
- ⅓ c coconut oil or butter
- ¼ c chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Large pinch of salt
- In a small sauce pan combine nut butter, sweetener, coconut oil/butter, chocolate chips.
- Melt over low heat just until chocolate melts.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla, and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the quinoa puffs and salt.
- Add the melted mixture to the quinoa and combine well.
- Fill your donut pan and refrigerate up to 1 hour. Any mold will work, or just use a pyrex pan.
- Remove from fridge and let them thaw about 10-15 minutes before removing from the pan.
- If they're too hard they won't budge.
- Use your favorite toppings, frostings, and sprinkles.
- I used ½ c melted chocolate chips and 1 tsp coconut oil for the donut dip.
- I did the same with white chocolate and filled a squeeze bottle for the striped donuts.