Chick P-Easy Pancakes
My mom’s version of these delicious pancakes always had a little baking soda and baking powder. It really does help them fluff up quite a bit and I really like fluffy pancakes! They are high in protein and so versatile. You can fill with your favorite ingredients or spices, and have them for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I seem to always come back to cilantro and scallion. The toppings are also limitless. Try some Raita or Hummus on the side. Vegan and Gluten Free.
Author: Healthy Cooking Daily
Recipe type: Entrees
Serves: Makes 5 large cakes
- 1 cup garbanzo flour
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup scallion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- Combine the flour, cumin, cayenne, baking soda and powder, and salt. Slowly stir in the water with a whisk until there are no more clumps.
- Stir in the scallions and cilantro. Let the batter sit for 10-20 minutes, allowing the flavors to develop and the batter to slightly thicken.
- Heat a cast iron pancake skillet over medium heat. Grease the skillet with olive or coconut oil and wipe with a paper towel. Ladle up about ⅓ cup of the batter at a time. Cook for 2-3 minutes until golden, then flip and do the same for the other side.