Chocolate Hazelnut Butter
Vegan, no added sugar or palm oil, just delicious roasted hazelnuts with a few additional ingredients. Slather on everything from bananas, crepes, or melted on warm toast!
Author: Healthy Cooking Daily
Recipe type: Spreads/Butters
Serves: 10 oz
- 2 c raw hazelnuts
- 1¼ c chocolate chips, melted
- 1 Tbl coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbl vanilla
- Pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350f.
- Roast the hazelnuts on a cookie sheet for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread the nuts on a dishtowel and rub them together until most of the skin comes off. Patience here, but keep at it as you'll get a smoother nut butter.
- Add to a food processor and blend for 5 minutes or until very smooth.
- Add the coconut oil and vanilla, then the melted chocolate.
- Scrape the bowl until thoroughly mixed and smooth.
- Stir in the salt and transfer to a jar.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- *Feel free to add your favorite sweetener if this isn't sweet enough for you. This will also depend on the sweetness of your chocolate. Add more oil for a looser spread.