I once thought Peach Butter was made with real butter. How could something that taste so good have so few ingredients? I love canning and especially love having Peach Butter in my pantry all winter long. The Texas Hill Country is home to many lovely varieties of peaches, and this year in particular has been good to this juicy fruit as our rainfall got off to a great start.
If you’ve never made your own Peach Butter before, this is a great small batch recipe to get you started. The best part is, you don’t need any fancy canning tools! Mason jars and lids, a large saucepan, some sturdy tongs, a blender and just 4 ingredients will do the trick. Get the recipe here.
I’ve included some delicious suggestions on how to enjoy your Peach Butter. I’d love to hear how all of you have used it in your own homes.
1. Ice Cream Sundaes
2. The obvious, pancakes, waffles, biscuits, and toast
3. Glazed salmon, chicken, or pork
4. Topping for yogurt parfaits
5. Crepe Filling
6. Cheesecake topping with fresh peaches
7. Cracker topping with goat cheese and basil leaves
8. Apple sauce substitute for baking. I love it in muffins.
9. Fruit salad sauce
10. Peach Frosting