Well it's back-to-school season and time for some yummy lunchbox snacks. My husband and I had so much fun filming this video! You can find it on my YouTube channel. When making these for my girls, I usually used almond or peanut butter with raisins. We used 3 variations and tried to think outside the box. Hummus, sweet potatoes, and cashew butter all marry so well with celery, not to mention the tasty toppings, olives, pecans, and cranberries. Also great for birthday parties or after school snacks to tie the kiddos over until dinner. Enjoy making these together as a family and crunch away!
Author: Healthy Cooking Daily
Recipe type: Back to School Snacks
Serves: 1 dozen
- 1 bunch of celery
- ½ c hummus
- ½ c cashew butter
- ½ c mashed sweet potatoes (optional: add maple syrup and cinnamon to taste)
- ¼ c olives
- ¼ Goji berries
- ¼ c pecans
- ¼ c finely chopped red peppers
- ¼ c shredded coconut
- ¼ c cranberries
- Wash your celery and cut off the leaves
- Spread each stalk with the toppings.
- I paired the hummus with olives and peppers, cashew butter with Goji berries and coconut, and sweet potatoes with pecans and cranberries.
- Cut in half or thirds, and place in a small lunchbox container.
- You may have leftover toppings but you can use it for the next day or later in the week.