Strawberry Nectarine Bars
Summer fruit season is here! My favorite time of year for so many varieties of sweet juicy fruits. Enjoy these gluten free strawberry bars!
Author: Healthy Cooking Daily
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 9 bars
- 1 c almond flour
- ½ c gluten free oats
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 Tbl honey
- 2 Tbl coconut oil or butter, softened
- ¾ cup strawberry jam
- 1 c chopped strawberries
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1-2 nectarines sliced
- Slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Line a 9 x 9 pan with parchment paper
- Mix the dry crust ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Add the honey and mix combine with a fork or spoon.
- Add the oil or butter and mix together with your hands.
- Spread the crust in the lined pan and pat down so it is evenly distributed.
- Bake for 15 minutes on the top rack. Make sure it is completely cooked through.
- Add all ingredients except the almonds to a small saucepan.
- On low heat warm the mixture through.
- Top the crust with the strawberry mixture.
- Add the sliced nectarines arranged however you choose.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly, on the top rack.
- Remove from oven and top with almonds.
- Let cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Store in the refrigerator.