Quinoa Sundried Tomato Pizza Crust
Author: Healthy Cooking Daily
Recipe type: Entree
- ½ cup Quinoa
- 1 cup water
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3-4 sundried tomatoes, finely chopped into small pieces (If you tomatoes have salt in them, only use ¼ teaspoon salt)
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup parmesan or mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley or basil
- Generous grind fresh black pepper
- Place the quinoa in a fine mesh strainer and rinse under cold water. Drain and transfer to a small sauce pan. Turn the flame to medium and stir until all water is absorbed. The idea is to toast the quinoa.
- Add your water along with the salt, olive oil, and tomatoes. Cover and bring to a boil, then simmer on low heat about 20 minutes until all water is absorbed.
- Transfer quinoa to a medium mixing bowl and let cool completely.
- Add 1 teaspoon remaining olive oil, eggs, cheese, oregano, parsley/basil, baking powder and soda, and black pepper. Combine well mixing with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and drizzle a light coating of oil, wipe with a paper towel, and transfer quinoa mixture to center of the parchment paper.
- Using a spatula, form into a 10 inch rectangle shape.
- Cook in a preheated 425 oven for about 20-30 minutes until edges crisp up.
- Remove from oven, add your favorite toppings, and return to oven for 10 more minutes.