Lemon Blueberry Pudding
Author: Anna Romano
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 4 servings
- 2 cups cashews soaked overnight
- ¼ cup honey
- 4 tablespoons coconut butter
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 heaping tablespoons lemon peel
- 8-10 tablespoons milk, I used almond
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup wild frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- A squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Gran Marnier (optional)
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot
- 1 tablespoon water
- Drain the cashews and transfer to a blender, vitamix or nutribullet.
- Blend with the rest of the ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Keep adding the milk until it reaches a smooth pudding-like texture.
- Adjust the sweet/sour flavor to your liking. I tend to like mine on the sour side while my husband enjoys it very sweet, so this was my way of compromising.
- Spoon into 4 glass jars and layer with the blueberry sauce below. You can swirl them together with a chopstick and top with a little more sauce.
- Combine the arrowroot and water, mix well and set aside while you prepare the blueberries.
- In a small saucepan combine the blueberries, honey, and lemon juice, and bring to a boil for 1 minute.
- Add the arrowroot, and continue to simmer for another 30-60 seconds making sure it doesn’t stick.
- Add the Gran Marnier and simmer for 30-60 seconds more.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely. It will thicken as it cools.