Creamy Broccoli Soup Topped with Mushrooms
This creamy vegan version is wonderful throughout the seasons as it is light and satisfying. It’s also very forgiving so feel free to add other veggies and spices.
Author: Healthy Cooking Daily
Recipe type: Soup
Serves: Serves 6
- 1 large bunch broccoli
- 1 large onion
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 medium potato (any variety)
- 1 small carrot
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- Olive oil – use as much as you like
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- 3 cups of water of stock
- 1.5 cups milk (coconut or almond are my favorites)
- Big bunch of your favorite herbs
- Saute broccoli, onion, garlic, potato, carrot, and red pepper with olive oil in a large soup pot. Cook for about 10-15 minutes until everything begins to soften.
- Add your water or stock and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes until potatoes are cooked through.
- Turn off the heat and let the soup cool for 20-30 minutes.
- Once cool, add your herbs and puree with an immersion blender or regular blender. If using a regular blender you can mix 2-4 cups at a time, then transfer to a bowl. Transfer the entire mixture back to the pot on low heat.
- Add the milk, salt and pepper and stir until it heats through.